Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Setenang: Opportunities to Serve the Community
Society: Setenang Alam Buddhist Community
Subject: Opportunities to Serve the Community
1. More Dhamma Teachers (English and Mandarin) needed at Montfort Boys Town
Setenang is looking for individuals who have an interest to impart Dhamma to Buddhist teenagers aged 16 to 18 years old on a regular basis (every Thursday) from 8 pm to 9 pm. No salary, no travelling allowance but you will have the satisfaction of touching the heart and mind of young people. Interested please contact Bro Wong Tin Song (012-3470492).
2. Four (4) Dhamma Teachers needed for National Service Participants Aged 18 at Kem Behrang, Perak
Setenang is looking for four (4) Dhamma teachers (both English and Mandarin) in one car load to Behrang National Service Camp near Tanjung Malim, Perak. Individuals staying near Petaling Jaya are preferred as we can car pool at Setenang Mayang Jaya. As the journey takes at least an hour, departing time from Setenang Mayang Jaya will be at 6.30 pm. We only need to be at the National Service Camp at Behrang, Perak once a month on Thursdays, 8 pm to 10 pm. Other weeks will be taken up by other groups. Interested please contact Bro. Wong Tin Song.
We were also been told that YBAM KL/Selangor State Liasion Committee is also looking for English Dhamma teachers at National Service at Kem Dengkil on Thursdays 8 pm to 10 pm. Interested please contact Bro. Wong Soo Soon (012-2928530).
For Setenang Alam Buddhist Community
Bro. Wong Tin Song
How Setenang plays its role in the community:
* Setenang is more than a place – it’s a group of beautiful people!
* It’s an organisation of like-minded people who want to work together in serving the spiritual needs of the community around us.
* We don’t come to work for Setenang; but come together to work for the community. Setenang is just a platform for us to function as a group effectively.